This article will show you how to get podcasts on iTunes.
For this you will need to already have set up hosting for your podcast… And have audio ready in the feed.
You will need the RSS feed address (provided by your hosting company)… and have the feed setup.
My preferred hosting solution Libsyn makes this all very easy for you, and optimises your feed ready for podcast apps.
Here is where to copy your RSS feed address from within your podcast hosting dashboard (on Libsyn in this example):
(Under destinations, look for the classic feed rss address, as shown).
Once you have your hosting ready, with artwork and an episode in the feed….
Start here – How to get Podcasts on iTunes:
- Head over to itunes podcast connect at https://podcastsconnect.apple.com/ You will need to have an itunes account ready. If you have an iPhone, Mac or have ever used iTunes you will likely have one already. So login with it.
- Hit the plus symbol at the top left hand of the screen.
- Copy and Paste your RSS feed address into the URL bar that appears. (If you are using Libsyn your RSS feed address will look something like this http:// SHOWNAME.libsyn.com/rss)
- Hit Validate, this will check everything in your feed is ready for iTunes. And that your hosting company has everything in the RSS feed it needs.
- Once the validation comes back successful you can simply hit SUBMIT in the top right hand corner.
You will be returned to a screen showing your podcasts, the show you just submitted will be displayed here eventually however it may be greyed out until the submission has been approved.
That’s how to get podcasts on itunes… it is really quite simple!
You will receive an email pointing out that your application has been received, and then it is just the waiting game for Apple to approve your podcast submission. In my experience this can take anything between 24 hours and 7 days.
Once your podcast has been accepted it will be in the iTunes store and a link will be provided to you.
It may take a couple of extra days for the podcast name to come up when searched, however if you subscribe you will always be able to find it.
Once you’ve worked through how to get podcasts on itunes you will be all set up in iTunes / Apple Podcasts. You are ready to promote to the world!
Don’t forget there are hundreds of thousands of podcasts in iTunes already so make sure to promote links to your show wherever your listeners hangout!
If you run into any trouble or need any more help with getting set up, please do drop a comment below and I will be happy to help.
You can also message in our podcast forum on Facebook, go to http://Podtips.Net to be directed to the group.
If you don’t have your podcast setup with a hosting site yet, feel free to use my Promo Code for Libsyn.com – Use code: HUSKINS for up to 2 months FREE!
Join passionate podcasters who are taking their podcast to the next level with PodTips Pro… the membership site for podcasters that helps you plan, build and grow a successful podcast that you love. Sign up now HALF PRICE – http://podtips.pro/halfpriceoffer